Backlink , undeniably is one of the most mentioned terms in SEO work – Search Engine Optimization (Search Engine Optimization).
So what are Backlinks ? Many SEOs also have difficulty in defining Backlinks. And most importantly, it is in creating quality SEO Backlinks and significantly affecting keyword rankings.
In this article I will explain what a Backlink is and give you 12 important foundations in SEO Backlinks and quality link building.
Backlinks (also known as “Inbound Links”, “Incoming Links” or “One way link”) are links from one website to a page on another website. Google and other major search engines consider backlinks as “votes” for a particular page. Pages with high-quality backlinks tend to gain rankings in the SERP.
Past and present, quality – Relevance and sustainability remains a top priority in search engine rankings.
First, let’s learn about common search engine optimization (SEO) terms closely related to Backlink!
- 1 Terms related to Backlink
- 2 The Importance of Backlinks in SEO
- 3 12 Criteria for Choosing Quality Backlinks
- 4 How to get Quality Backlinks?
- 5 Suggestions on how to check Website Backlink
- 6 Conclude
Here are the terms related to backlinks that you should know.
- Anchor Text : The text used for the Hyperlink is called “Anchor text”. Anchor text will come in handy when you’re trying to rank for specific keywords.
- Link Juice : When a website links to any article or the homepage of the website is “Link juice”. Link juice helps improve article ranking, domain authority. You can stop Link juice by using no-follow tag.
- Dofollow Link : By default, all links added to Blog posts are Dofollow links. And these links will pass the value Link juice to the landing page.
- Nofollow Link : When a website links to another website. But that link with Nofollow tag will not pass Link juice. Nofollow links do not impact or can affect the ranking of a page. Because they contribute nothing.
In general, you should use the Nofollow tag when linking to an untrusted site.
- Internal Link : Links that go from one page to another within the same domain are called internal links.
- Low-Quality Links : These are links from automated sites. Spam sites or even porn sites. This link will adversely affect the website. This is one of the reasons you should be careful when buying Backlinks.
But now many Backlinks are used to point to the website alone is not enough.
Therefore, you cannot use the method of just sitting “plowing” the forum or “Blog commenting” continuously. Or sit and build 2.0 websites, go thousands, tens of thousands of Backlinks. And hopefully that number of Backlinks will help you to the Top position of Google.
However, in general, Backlinks will support an SEO strategy to:
1. Improve RankWhy Backlinks can help you improve your search engine rankings?
You can imagine simply as follows: If the website has good Backlink, it is like a VIP ticket to pass easily.
In general, when your website has more quality Backlinks . The more likely it is to rank for relevant search queries.
Why I can confirm this? Because according to studies from many sources on ranking factors based on links, conclude: The number of Backlinks on Unique websites (Referring domains) is strongly correlated with traffic from organic search.
Correlation between Referring Domain and Search Traffic | Source: Ahrefs
2. Increased likelihood of being discoveredYou should know that search engine bots will occasionally “visit” pages they have previously visited to check for new links. The more reputable the website – The more popular the bot will visit again than other less reputable websites.
So if you get Backlinks from reputable sites. Search engines can detect your content much faster.
3. Increase Referral Traffic EffectivelyAnother reason to build Backlinks. That is, Backlinks help navigate users from one content to another.
When someone clicks on the Backlink pointing to your post. Then you understand that you have received 1 Referral visit.
Therefore, if you get Backlinks from high traffic sites. Then the article is also from there that get more Referral visits.
In addition to the main task is to fully support the SEO process. Then building Backlinks brings even more great benefits to your business.
Through research, I have synthesized the following 2 strengths:
1. Educate customers and increase brand awarenessBuilding and enhancing brand identity is always the most important factor in every marketing strategy. However, thanks to Backlinks, this process will become much more natural and simpler.
In particular, I encourage you to create more active links with established websites. Credibility in the industry or sector in which you operate.
Imagine: If the link to your articles is a Backlink that is “attached” to reputable websites in the industry. Is there a high chance that the reader will click on it?
At that time, readers also easily tend to trust your website and start learning. And interact with the product/solution that your company offers more.
2. Generate new “potential customers”Internet users are more likely to click on a link if they think the article in that link is really helpful.
At that time, the website or in other words the brand quoted from the link is also likely to become of special interest to users.
From the click action, learn the article. Users can go further with high-converting interactions, such as: Newsletter subscriptions, brand connections through social networks. From there, become potential customers.
This can see that choosing and building Backlinks does not only increase SEO power. It is also brand awareness and can be converted in terms of revenue.
In parallel with the process of building Backlinks, I prepare instructions in the next content. In order to increase the ability to rank on search engines, you should combine it with creating a Schema for your website.
Here are 12 factors and methods that everyone needs to know to be able to implement quality SEO Backlinks.
1. Backlink Building: Searching is Better than Building
A common mistake of webmasters when building links for business websites is to focus too much on DA, PA, TF, CF, etc.
You are interested in SEO Backlinks and building quality Backlinks from the forum. Try to implement and manage dozens of websites 2.0 (like Blogspot, WordPress, Tumblr…) or Blog Comment. And think this Link Building method will affect your website rankings.
This is wrong.
Think, if anyone could sign up for an account and easily place this Backlink just like you. Then surely those sites will not be appreciated by Google.
So the amount of Backlinks that you earn through effort. Effort will certainly have a much higher influence than the Backlinks that you easily “create” it. Which leads to another idea, which is…
What is the role of quality in Backlink ?
Very simply, placing Backlinks is harder to earn. Then it will have a strong influence on the search engine ranking of your website.
2. Select the relevant DomainWhat is the selection criteria for Domain Backlink? The purpose of relevancy of a Domain is mainly based on the relation of all article content made on that entire Domain.
Suppose that GTV SEO’s website has informative content written about SEO. Meanwhile, Vnexpress has content written about the field of “news”. Because they don’t focus on a particular topic.
When you build backlinks Backlink. Try to get the number of Backlinks that are universally relevant to the entire Domain.
But now you may also think: “But to get such an effective Backlink, it is too difficult, so what to do now?”
What is an addon domain ? Instructions to create a standard Addon Domain.
3. Select specific related articlesIn addition to placing Backlinks from related domains. You can also build relevancy in a specific article in that domain (even though the Domain is not relevant at all). But you still have a lot of influence on Google.
Examples of Relevancy
- Web about fat loss exercises, you write articles about exercises to reduce belly fat . Including Backlinks to pages/articles that also talk about exercises to reduce belly fat . (The best)
- Web about weight loss exercises, you write articles about exercises to lose belly fat . Including Backlink to your page/article that also talks about exercises to reduce belly fat . (very strong)
- Health Web, with articles on abdominal exercises. Including Backlinks to pages/articles on how to lose belly. (strong).
- Web for news, there are articles about abdominal exercises. Including Backlinks to pages/articles on how to lose belly. (slightly strong).
- Web on dog training , articles on dog training to help lose weight & belly fat . Including Backlink to your page/article on how to lose belly (good). (this is also often the way to place Backlinks from related domains I use the most).
- Web on dog training , articles on dog training . Backlink to your page/article on how to lose weight (completely unrelated/spam).
Especially for cases 1, 2 in the above example – Very rarely happens because these cases of placing Backlinks are too difficult to find and get links.
Note: At least these websites must have links, strength, you can’t create a series of new websites and then just go Backlink is not good!
Case 3, 4, 5 – the most common, easy to find and least expensive, also less time consuming. This is also a popular way to set Backlink that I often use.
Case 6 – the most time consuming but not the most effective.
Although the DA and PA of the dog training website are quite high and you can fully benefit from it. But this will not help you SEO much and your Trust Flow and Citation Flow score will decrease significantly.
Remember, relevant Backlink is the current and future trend. I have also proven that current and future Backlink SEO trends will be related across Content/Video series.
4. Relevance in Topical Trust FlowMajestic, Topical Trust Flow, is one of the best ways to measure/determine the relevancy of the website/link you want to create Backlink for.
If the links you point to are in the same field as your web pages, that will be great.
What is the importance of the same field in Backlink ?
In short, you should prioritize 2 things when building Backlinks:
- Word Relevance from Your Content (Specific Posts)
- Relevance of the word TTF
Only those 2 things have helped you to build a very good Backlink.
If you wonder if you don’t know what field you are in and how you have a TTF, go to Google translate. Then put the keyword of your field to switch to English and then go to google.com to search for that keyword.
At this time, a series of famous foreign websites will appear. You just have to hold that website and put it in Majestic to see their TTF and you will know yours.
Note: Deploying Link juice increases the power of related links pointing to your website x10.
5. Backlink must have high DRMany readers come here, why ask me why I don’t get Backlink with DA (Domain Authority) but get Backlink with DR (Domain Rating)?
Basically because Moz’s DA is not as accurate as it used to be!
One metric shows that Moz’s DA is updated at least 90 days. So I take DR as a number to measure when determining the strength of the entire website.
But be aware that, when going Backlink. You should prioritize relevance first, then arrange in order of strength.
6. What is Contextual?Contextual is a contextual link that is a link placed in the textual content of a web page via anchor text containing the phrase (exact or partial keywords. Contextual linking can prove to be a linking strategy. Very effective SEO results for your website.
7. Prioritize Contextual LinkThis is pretty obvious based on the examples I provided above. But links placed inside content/Content, also known as contextual links, are the strongest.
Other links alone may still be effective, but will be much weaker than Contextual Links.
If you use a standalone Backlink like a Footer link or other similar Sitewide links (also known as Textlinks ), make sure that:
- That domain is extremely relevant to your website
- Let it be Nofollow
Otherwise, when Google Email you say that you have Backlink that violates Google’s policy, I don’t know.
8. Content must be qualityThis is something that not many of you think about, but the actual quality of your backlink content is very important. It should be a good piece of content, free of grammar and spelling errors.
The most important thing is that articles must provide some level of value that meets the needs of almost all users.
High-value content = social media shares/interactions + lots of Backlinks on that article = More quality backlinks for you
Learn more: What is an SEO standard article? Learn 7 steps to create content that is both “quality” and SEO-friendly!
9. Must have Outbound Link in the same fieldThis I bet 99% of you do in SEO will not know or never believe.
That is if your Backlink is placed in Content, and this Content has Outbound links (External links) to other websites in the same field as well as reputable. Your backlinks will be increased and much better.
Imagine that a quality article, linked Backlinks to other similar and quality pages. Accompanied by your websites standing in the Backlinks to other quality websites, Google will also think that you are equally qualified.
10. Use Anchor Text (correctly)For some people when going Backlink, they do not pay attention to using Anchor text at all. This leads to their website being highly likely to never be on the Top due to over-optimization of Anchor text.
If you have a case where the website is standing in one place continuously for many months or dropping the Top. Then the web must have been over-optimized Anchor text in going Backlink already.
Or you want to learn how to use Anchor text effectively when going Backlink as well as avoid Google penalties and get the best results. Take a look at how I use anchor text for GTV SEO’s own website.
11. Diversity in IP when building BacklinkWhat is Backlink ‘s IP diversity?
This is too obvious, you will want your websites to be IP diverse and as much as possible.
12. Your Backlink should pull a lot of TrafficA quality SEO Backlink, undeniably, will at least pull a few visits through your article/website through that Backlink.
So think: “I don’t know if this website/article will pull Traffic to my website” .
Building quality backlinks takes a lot of time and effort. So, I bring you 7 simple ways to start SEO Backlinks and build quality Backlinks for your website:
- Add a link to the website on your Social Media profile
- Do a Google search for a post that already ranks well. Then improve and expand that post
- Create list posts, “how-to” posts, “why” posts, infographics, or posts with embedded videos. These formats usually get more Backlinks than standard posts
- Write articles about tips and secrets about products or services. These are very long articles containing thousands of words and covering every angle of the topic
- Write guest posts on other blogs and websites
- Reach out to influencers in your market or industry and let them know about an article on your website that they might want to link to.
- Interview industry influencers and send them a link, they will definitely link back to your website
You should also start researching competitive backlinks. To do this, you need to see the backlinks of your competitors who are ranking well.
Backlink checking tools like Ahrefs, SEMrush can help you find quality Backlinks . So you can start targeting those domains as part of your own link building strategy.
Tracking backlinks is very important. Because, when the website is linked with malicious links, you do not have any action or know about them. After a while, Google discovered and issued a penalty. Of course, then the website ranking dropped quickly. Or worse, can’t be found in any of the search results.
So the first thing you need to do is answer these 3 questions:
- Where can I find all my Backlinks?
- How can I tell if they are malicious?
- How can I contact the owners of malicious Backlink sites?
Thankfully, you will get those answers with Backlink tools that allow you to check website Backlinks like: Google Search Console, SEMRush, Ahrefs, etc.
You can use Google Search Console to develop your website and view Backlinks. But it can take a lot of time and is limited.
However, there are faster and better tools. For example, SEMRush tools, Ahrefs, you can quickly answer all three of those important questions and more.
Through this article, I think you also easily understand what a Backlink is and what a good Backlink will be.
Understanding “ What is Backlink ” is one thing, but implementing and how to build Backlink is another story and much more difficult. And it’s even more difficult when SEO for E-Commerce Website.