- 1 What does SEO mean?
- 2 What is standard SEO?
- 3 What is standard SEO article?
- 4 Standard SEO article structure sample
- 5 Add “Bucket Brigades” to the Content
- 6 Step 1: Keyword research
- 7 Step 2: Build a standard SEO article layout
- 8 Step 3: 5 Steps to optimize SEO articles
- 9 Step 4: Instructions to insert Keyword
- 10 Step 5: Optimize Internal Link and External Link
- 11 Step 6: Upload the article
- 12 Step 7: Guide to optimizing Bounce Rate and User Interaction
What does SEO mean?
Before going into the details of standard SEO content definition, you need to understand the concept of SEO.
SEO (short for Search Engine Optimization) is the process of optimizing a Website to compete for keyword rankings on search engine results pages, thereby increasing Website Traffic and Traffic quality.
What is standard SEO?
Standard SEO is optimal to make a website or article friendly to search engines (especially Google).
To do so, we need a basic foundation, especially content SEO. Unlike average Content, standard SEO content requires articles that are not only directed to readers but also must meet SEO criteria to be search engine friendly (especially Google) and easier to top.
In general, SEO standards are a factor that should be a top priority if you want to increase the reach of your target customers.
What is standard SEO article?
An SEO standard article focuses on optimizing Content to satisfy users’ search needs and deploying SEO techniques to promote article rankings on search results pages. At the same time, standard SEO articles can pull a large amount of Traffic (Traffic) from the search engine.
In other words:
Writing standard SEO articles is writing Content that Google can understand. At the same time, that Content needs to meet the needs of the user.
So if you ONLY write Content for Google, your Content may sound super “robotic”.
Conversely, if you write Content ONLY for users, your page may not contain essential keywords to please search engines.
But you want to have an SEO standard article; you need to meet both of the above factors.
To satisfy your search engines and potential customers, you must create SEO-friendly articles that have high value for users, not just SEO optimization for it.
And in the next part, I will show you how to structure & write standard SEO articles.
Therefore, when owning standard SEO content, I am sure that your Website will get a lot of search engine ranking signals, such as:
- Get more quality backlinks
- Possessing a low Bounce Rate
- High Dwell Time
- Above-average CTR
- Get lots of social shares
And in this chapter, Chapter 2, you’ll learn how to structure quality SEO Content that can help you optimize your Content for UX Signals.
Standard SEO article structure sample
In my experience, the STRUCTURE of the Content is just as important as the text itself because of the fact that users tend to surf rather than read.
The truth proves that only 30% of users see the full content of your article. So if you organize the information in a coherent, easy-to-read, easy-to-understand manner, they will quickly identify the topic of the paper and the information they are looking for.
The standard SEO article structure usually focuses on the first text paragraph, the Heading, the first sentence of each section. Because readers don’t have enough patience to wait for “the good part lies behind”. It’s best to put “dismissal” Content or essential information at the top of the article to ensure customers can read them before leaving.
By giving them essential information sooner, your users can get the information they need.
And if they do drop out, they already have the information they need to share. So they tend to convert into customers sooner.
In addition, going to Outline before writing any Content is also an extremely effective way. This helps to control the Content of the article better, avoid rambling,digress. Setting up an Outline similar to the above standard SEO article template also makes it easier to optimize your article later.
Bonus: If you want to learn and get more detailed instructions on content optimization, you can sign up for courses at Udemy.
Illustration of Udemy’s Photoshop CC 2020 MasterClass course
Udemy, a platform with thousands of online courses to help you create engaging Content. To use Udemy, follow these steps:
First, go to Udemy and enter a keyword.
For example, let’s say you’re writing a blog post about photography. You will search for “photography” Illustration of Udemy’s Photography Course
Udemy will recommend you all the most popular photography courses:
Next, choose a course with multiple assessments.-
Illustration of courses with many reviews on Udemy
After you choose a course, see how many people have signed up. If many people register for that course it also means a good and quality course.
Next, scroll down to the “Programme” section. Here again, you will be sure that the Content in the course will match the knowledge needed and relevant to you.
Illustration of the curriculum part
Add “Bucket Brigades” to the Content
When someone visits your Website from a search engine, two things can happen:
- They left immediately.
- They looked around and continued reading.
And if people pay more attention to your page, Google will think:
“This is a great site. Let’s rank it up.”
But when people leave your Website as fast as the wind? Google will not appreciate the Website, and your TOP ranking rate will drop significantly and possibly very low.
The question arises right now: How do you keep people on your Website?
The answer for you is: Bucket Brigades .
Bucket Brigades is an old-fashioned copywriting tactic designed to retain readers of sales letters.
I used Bucket Brigades for SEO content. And they work well.
You can create Bucket Brigade your way or you can use the following classic Bucket Brigade:
- Consists of:
- The current:
- What is the bottom line?
- You may be wondering:
- Want to know the best method?
- As follows:
That is exactly what I will cover in this chapter. Let’s dive into the important Content!
Step 1: Keyword research
The first step in the guide to writing standard SEO articles is SEO keyword research .
- Do not target short keywords for SEO. Currently, most users often search for specific keywords about their needs on the Internet. (For example: a reputable place to sell iPhone, what to prepare for a motorbike trip, …)
- Research specifically the search needs of users to provide what they need.
- Long keywords are less competitive, more accessible to SEO Web than short keywords.
Specifically, I also have an article, “Optimizing Content : 6 Steps Rank Top Hundreds of Keywords With Only 1 Post”, you can refer to.
Before writing standard SEO articles, you need to do keyword research using Ahrefs and Google Search Box tools.
#1: Use the Ahrefs tool
Use Ahrefs to research related keywords and subtopics (Subtopics) that need to be mentioned in the article to “satisfy” users.
Simply with 3 small steps you can do it:
Step 1: Type keywords about the field you want to rank on Google (eg “What is Backlink”)
Step 2: Copy the URL of the first 3 positions and put it in Ahrefs
Step 3: Click “Organic Keywords” to see the keywords of each of these URLs
At this time, Ahrefs will display the keywords of each article that is currently ranked TOP on Google.
The related keywords you need to find are the top-ranking keywords that Ahrefs just displayed.
A list of secondary keywords to prepare before writing standard SEO articles
When you SEO an article and have a certain authority (usually to the TOP 10 & get Traffic), Google begins to compare your article content with their data to see if your Content is still relevant. With any other keywords in the data.
From there, Google will rank you for these keywords.
#2: Google Search Box – Google Search Box
Google Suggestion is Google’s keyword suggestion every time you search. Type a keyword on Google > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Select the relevant Keyword you want.
Step 2: Build a standard SEO article layout
In general, standard SEO article titles are usually under 70 characters, containing the main Keyword. The Keyword should be to the left of the title.
Highlighting keywords in the title will help readers easily visualize the topic of the article as well as help Google crawl and identify data faster.
You should also pay attention to the keyword length because if it is too short, it will not be attractive and descriptive enough, but if it is too long, it will not be able to display on the search results fully.
Exactly how much article title length is still controversial. Because Google actually calculates according to the maximum width of 600 Pixels. So it’s safest to put the title between 60-65 characters.
Good tip #1:
How to check if the title overlaps with competitors: Type “Allintitle:title name”> Click Enter
Write a catchy headline by inserting some positive or negative emotional words in the title.
For example, I have an article about SEO tips , the initial title will be “75 effective SEO tips in 2021”
This title is fine. But now look at how I add more emotional words.
- 75 amazingly practical SEO tips in 2021
- Tips: 75 excellent, effective SEO tips in 2021
- Amazing: 75 groundbreaking SEO tips in 2021
Just add a little “spice” – Emotional words can also make your article title more attractive, unique, and engaging.
After the title, the opening is an essential part of deciding whether the user will stay to continue reading the article or not.
So right from the first paragraph (usually under 155 words), you need to show the main Content of the article and go straight to the problem the user is interested in, as well as a promise to offer a solution to solve the current issue of the user’s surname.
Do not forget to insert the main Keyword into the first 100 words in the most natural way and the secondary keywords and related keywords 1-2 times to be able to write more SEO standard content.
A simple but extremely attractive way to open an essay is to start with a question and let the body of the essay answer that question.
Also, you can give a reason why the article is important, worth the time to read and adequately address the user’s problem.
As mentioned, The body of the Post should be the answer to the user’s query. And must show that what you share is helpful to them.
The body layout should be clear, divided into many small paragraphs that are the Content around the article’s subject; each idea has a Heading containing the main Keyword or related keywords. As follows:
- Heading 1… (Heading 2 number 1 = main keyword)
- Heading 2… (Heading 2 number 2 = secondary Keyword)
- Heading 3… (Heading 2 number 3 = related keywords)
- Some other notes for the body of the article:
The article provides complete, accurate, in-depth information but is not rambling, off-topic.
Alternate regular written Content such as images, videos, infographics, CTAs, etc. to make your Content more attractive, especially food, furniture, and clothing pages.
Break each paragraph into 2-3 sentences to make it easy for readers to follow and not find it too long and tedious.
Distribute keywords evenly and naturally throughout the article with a density of 1-3%. For example, a 500-word article should contain 5 keywords, including the introduction, H1, H2, body text and conclusion.
Insert the Internal Link in the right context with the right Anchor Text.
The standard SEO article conclusion often has the role of summarizing the Content and emphasizing the importance of the article, with a length of 80 – 150 words.
This is also a good opportunity for you to reiterate your brand to call customers to action. Don’t forget to insert the Keyword one last time and cite the source if applicable.
Step 3: 5 Steps to optimize SEO articles
The slug is part of the URL and must be unique throughout your Website. To optimize SEO, Slug should be placed clearly for both Google and readers.
- The URL should contain the main Keyword (with the highest search volume)
- The shorter, the better (but keep it accurate, easy to read, easy to remember)
- Apply 301 Redirect the old URL to the new URL if you want to change the URL.
- The title and H1 of the article should not overlap.
- H1 contains up to 70 characters.
- H1 should contain the Keyword with the 2nd highest search volume.
- Just like the title, the keyword should be at the beginning of the H1 line. For example: “What is an SEO standard article? Instructions on how to write standard SEO articles (2021).
- H1 should use the number (preferably odd numbers) and the adjective “strong” similar to the title.
- Each article should have a unique H1.
Optimizing Subheading (H2, H3, H4 …)
- When writing SEO articles, you should use Subheading to clarify the meaning and layout of the article.
- H2 tags support clarification (Support) for H1, H3 Support for H2, H4 Support for H3 …
- Subheadings should be bold, and LSI keywords should be inserted into the Subheadings.
- A small Subheading does not contain more than 300 words.
- If H2 is used, there must be 2 or more H2, similar to H3, H4 to ensure logic.
Optimize Meta Description
- Words in the Meta Description tag need to be short and concise, containing the main Content, attracting users to click on the article.
- Meta Description tag up to 120 characters to fit the Desktop interface and optimize on mobile devices.
- Evoke emotions and provide solutions to the “pain” the user is experiencing.
- Do not stuff keywords into the Meta Description section.
Images are the current and future search trend of users and are favored by Google. Effective image optimization will bring a significant amount of Traffic to your Website.
- Should choose the image extension as .jpg and use Unsigned Keyword to name the image when uploading to the Website.
- Featured Image: 1200 x 628 pixels
- Image inserted in the article: 600 x 400 Pixels (the length of the image can be small or larger than 400 Pixels)
- Center and caption all images inserted into the Post.
- Each Post needs to have at least 1 unique image (own image / self-designed) branded for this article.
- Do not take pictures of opponents.
- The number of images inserted into the article depends on the number of words. About 250 words should have 1 illustration.
- The sharper the image quality, the better.
Step 4: Instructions to insert Keyword
To be able to optimize keywords for Content, SEO standard article checking tools are an indispensable help.
- Based on the initial list of keywords that need to be optimized for the article, allocate Keyword for the entire article in the most natural way.
- The main keyword frequency that needs SEO should appear the most (insert about 5-6 times) compared to the rest of the keywords.
- It is best to blackout the entire Keyword.
- A keyword density of 1-3% is the best for an article.
- How to check: You can use SEOquake or Yoast SEO as a standard SEO article writing tool.
Use the SEOQuake plugin to check the keyword density (Keyword Density) of the article. If the main SEO keyword is at the top of the list, that’s fine.
Click on the article to be optimized > Select the SEOQuake icon in the search bar > Click “Density”> View Results
As for Yoast SEO, check the “Analysis Results” section. Here, see the “Keyphrase Density” section to adjust the keyword density of the article accordingly.
Check “Keyphrase Density” with the Yoast SEO tool.
Step 5: Optimize Internal Link and External Link
To understand how to write standard SEO articles, it is impossible not to learn about Internal Link and External Link.
Internal Link is an internal link that points from one page to another within the same Website. Meanwhile, External Link is a link pointing from your Website to other Websites on the Internet. Both Internal and External Links play an important role in how to write effective SEO articles:
- Links to articles with the same topic in the Topic Cluster need to be introduced to users.
- Using Anchor Text keywords containing specific Content of the article will Links to.
- Use as many Internal Links as possible (minimum 3 Internal Links) in one Post. And use at least 1 External Link (to related articles) in the article.
Step 6: Upload the article
This is considered the final step in the process of writing standard SEO articles.
- Read the article again, check for all errors.
- Select “Preview” mode to preview the displayed article. Then, post the article directly on the Website.
- Combine sharing articles on multiple channels: Facebook, Google My Business, Email and Submit on Google Search Console for Google Bot to quickly index your articles.
- Content of the article posted: Must be brief, clearly stating 4 elements: Who (who is the audience to read the article), What (what the article is about), Why (why it is necessary to read this article). In particular, you should insert the article link under the Post.
- Images: Prefer Unique images (your own unique), standard size 1:1 (prefer 504 x 504 pixels)
- Google My Business: Use the Content of the Facebook Post to post, combine and insert Links to your other social networking sites.
- Email Marketing: The standard for these emails is very simple.
- Google Search Console: Copy the URL you just posted > Paste in the URL inspector > Select indexing request/Index
n-google-webmaster-tool.jpg” alt=”submit url – write seo standard content”>
Submit each URL to Google Search Console
- Regularly check the user’s interaction with the article through Time On Site, Bounce Rate, CTR, … (used in conjunction with SEO tools such as Google Analytics , Google Search Console, …)
- Based on the indicators, adjust the Content to match the Intent (search intent) of the user.
It is done!
Step 7: Guide to optimizing Bounce Rate and User Interaction
Most SEOs think it’s hard to get people to see their Content. However… the real difficulty lies in getting people to read the Content. The 3 tips below will help reduce the Bounce Rate (bounce rate) of your Website that you should not ignore:
#1: Start with questions
- Many questions can be asked. Because human psychology tends to always want to find the answer to the problem.
- The question attracts the reader’s interest and inadvertently directs the reader to scroll down to continue reading.
Note: The part I’ve highlighted is the standard template so you can connect with many other ideas.
- What if I told you that off-page SEO isn’t as hard as you think?
- Sounds crazy, doesn’t it?
- How many times have you tried to do Offpage SEO but only 2 months later discovered you had over-optimized?
- Have you ever wished that you could optimize Offpage SEO without looking for Backlinks?
- Do you see your Website’s ranking improve when you do Offpage SEO?
Try to create a strong emotion that leaves the reader hungry to know the rest of the article.
#2: APP Method
This is the method introduced and used by Brian Dean in Copywriting.
The method is very simple:
- (Accept): Recognize the reader’s problem and agree to it
- (Promise): Promise their problem will be fixed
- (Preview): Let them know, imagine what you will bring to them through the article.
Let’s break down each element:
First, Agree (Accept). This is an idea or concept that Google searchers will agree with you, which shows them that you understand their problem.
Most people will search for the target keyword (“image SEO”) and they will get tons of related suggestions. However, only a few posts they will choose to stay the longest. Simply because our readers are only interested in what they need.
So by emphasizing that “image matters,” it shows that I understand and can provide the method they are looking for.
Now that I’ve gotten them to nod in agreement, it’s time for you to need Promise.
Promise is where you give them a glimpse of a better world.
Finally, hit exactly what the reader needs with Preview . This is where you let your readers know exactly what you are going to offer them.
#3: Enhancing User Experience
UX / UI (User Experience / User Interface) are two factors that are becoming the trend of SEO as well as when designing Websites.
Simply put, you should pay attention to whether the layout, colors, fonts are harmonious and suitable for the target customers, white spaces, line breaks, Bullet, Headline, information layout, products … all contribute to helping users have the best experience when operating on the Website.
In addition, increasing page load speed is also an effective way to reduce high Bounce Rate because as mentioned, users do not have time and patience.
These criteria have helped my Website attract more and more visitors to the Website as well as one of the important factors to increase the customer conversion rate CR.
And today I will show you how it is done.
- Understanding Products/Services
I have read quite a few articles that are really rambling when looking for information about a certain product/service.
“Why isn’t there any information I need?” – That’s the question I always ask when encountering this case. It’s frustrating not being able to find the information you need forever, isn’t it?
Therefore, before you start implementing Content or hire a writing team. Make sure you or the writer fully understand the product/service. As a result, the transmission of information will be more accurate to the customers you target.
You can understand it simply like this: A business laptop with a beautiful design, you only focus on describing in too much detail about its working performance, handling heavy tasks, but forgetting the important things. Other buying decision factors such as: Luxury design, compactness, convenience, etc.
And what I want to remind you is: Put yourself a customer and act as an expert to create great Content! Next, the following factor is also very important, you need to pay attention.
Depending on the field and potential customers, the tone of the articles is often different. For example, if you have a blog like me, where all the knowledge about SEO is shared, you should use a fun, attractive tone, provide a lot of actionable information (can be applied immediately).
At the same time, using the personal title “I”, “I” and “you” will help express personal views and create a feeling of closeness and trust in the reader. On the contrary, in case you are writing standard SEO content for health pages, it is required to keep an objective, scientific, authentic attitude and avoid using the first person in the article.
In an article, you are also required to make sure to give accurate information, with clear and reputable references, the more it will enhance the value of the article, especially the health pages.
Absolutely do not copy Content from other articles.
This is a huge mistake in content creation and article SEO.
- Create your own quality content. You can consult your competitors’ Content and other sources. But ABSOLUTELY DO NOT Copy Content if you don’t want to get the Google Panda penalty.
- You can use an SEO standard article writing tool like CopyScape to check the Content before moving on to the optimization step in the next SEO standard article.
In case you accidentally Copy Content, you may be interested in how to check if your Website has been penalized by Google ? Find out now before it’s too late!
- Ensure SEO criteria
A standard SEO article requires ensuring the provisions of Title, H1, H2, Meta Description, Keyword … so that Google can easily crawl data and understand your article in the right direction.